Why is Android Considered the Best OS Platform?
Google’s OS platform Android has overtaken the other major operating systems to be declared the best platform; its user base is expected to rise further over the coming years. Ever since 2010, Android’s popularity among the developers’ community and individual users has been increasing. Today, the sale of the operating system stands at more than 35 million, with Apple’s iOS and BlackBerry’s RIM lagging behind. The growth percentage in terms of the number of users for the Android OS platform is more than 80 percent between 2010 and 2012. This is the reason why the operating system has been embraced by most mobile device manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, LG, and Acer.
Even a few years back, users generally identified the best smartphone platform like Apple’s iOS. Today, however, the market scenario has completely changed and it seems that there is no stopping Google’s Android for a few more years to come, as far as a number of users and total market shares are concerned. Mobile market researchers have often pointed out the fact that browsing was a more enjoyable experience on the iOS platform than it is on the Android platform. Nevertheless, Android is considered the best operating system. Here are the reasons why:
1. The Google Brand – There is no denying the fact that most users of Android had adopted the OS platform initially because of brand Google. The internet search giant has already established a name as the provider of good technology in cost-effective prices. Android too provides a smartphone experience to its users in affordable budgets.
2. Better Flexibility – Android is a more flexible operating system when compared to its rival counterparts iOS, RIM, or Windows Phone. Therefore, mobile app developers can be more creative and design unique applications for running on the platform. This also means that programmers can utilize their designing skills to a greater extent, creating more personal mobile apps.
3. Larger Display – The Android-powered smartphones currently selling in the mobile market have large screen sizes such as 4.3 inches. In comparison, most iOS devices have displays of 3.5 inches. Larger screen size means that the devices are more convenient to work on. A survey notes that close to 30 percent users of Android prefer the platform because of the large displays the devices provide.
4. Latest Technology – Very innovative technology is used in manufacturing devices that run the Android operating system. This means that Android smartphones will have unique features such as choice of keyboards, video calling facility on 3G and 4G, variety of music stores, and NFC technology to name only a few. These features have established Android dominance in the present mobile market.
5. Better Integration Facilities – The Android OS platform provides integration with Google Voice Search, Google Docs, and Gmail. Integration is also provided with services like Google+, Google Search, YouTube, Google Calendar, and Google Maps, Latitude, and Local.
6. High Range of Mobile Devices – With the growth in the popularity of the Android platform, the number of mobile device manufacturers embracing the operating system has also risen. Therefore, an Android user can choose from a wider range of devices that is available with other OS platforms.
The above features are accountable for the fact that Google’s Android is the best OS platform in the current mobile scenario.